Want to install your McAfee subscription on another device? The first thing you need to do is to deactivate its license from the device it was previously installed on. This deactivation is mandatory in the case when you have installed your McAfee antivirus on the maximum number of devices for the number of licenses you have paid for and you want to install it on a computer system you have recently bought.
Another reason behind the deactivation is the hardware failure of your current computer causing the purchase of a new one. Like the other processes, for the deactivation of your McAfee.com Activate subscription license you need to follow a series of instructions that have been provided in this article:
Steps to deactivate a license from your current McAfee subscription and issuing the same to a different computer
- Open any of the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Visit the official website for McAfee com activate.
- From the top-right corner, click My Account option
- Enter your registered email ID or username and password to access your McAfee account
- Hit Log in
- You can choose Remember Me option, if you want your browser to remember your log in details
- Now, choose the device from which you want to deactivate the McAfee license
- Hit Deactivate
- Wait until the process finishes!
After deactivation, you have to follow the further processes for installing the McAfee license on another device (Windows, Mac, Android, or IOS). For this, go to the official website of the McAfee, access your McAfee account and then add the new computer system to the list of devices already mentioned there. You will now receive an email (on your registered email ID) containing the installation instructions. Log in to that email ID from your new computer and follow those instructions to accomplish installation on the new computer. Hope the article was informative.