McAfee Internet Security is a part of McAfee security software Company, helps to keep unlimited devices secure from the online threats, easy to use. McAfee Company has been acknowledged all over the world for its implicit service and enhance the product with features.
As you know that every new version of the device requires system changes or upgradation, bug fixes so as with Mac OS X, which requires McAfee to update the security suite. This article will guide you through all possible actions to take before going for upgradation on your Mac device for OS X, to ensure everything goes smoothly.
You need to check on the system requirement foremost for McAfee activate–
Internet Security product for Mac before you proceed to next steps
- Check on your Mac for McAfee product installment.
- Your Mac is updated with the latest Mac OS X 10.7 and higher.
- You may require user account in McAfee My Account with Administrator rights.
- If you’re upgrading on the laptop make sure its connected to the power adapter.
- Uninstall or remove any external hard drives and storage that aren’t required during the updation.
Please note- You may need to remove or reinstall McAfee product and the reinstallation may require valid user credentials to get access and then download the app.
While going for updating the Operating System of Mac, you need to review the installation process of McAfee Security suite, by cleaning up any old McAfee files that may obstruct the installation process.
There are two kinds of files to look for
- Download the installation (.dmg) files along with the corresponding mounted volumes.
- McAfee files moved to OS X’s incompatible app folder.
- Open (Mounted) McAfee.dmg files
- Select the finder in the dock on the main screen.
- Search for McAfee Installer volumes under the device option.
Please note- Open (or mounted) volumes are identified by the small icon at the extreme right of the file.
- To close the McAfee installation volume, select the eject icon.
Please note- If the Finder window closes don’t panic, it’s normal if you close a volume which is currently displaying.
- You need to repeat all these steps for the entire McAfee installer volumes, under the devices list.
- You need to delete any McAfee.dmg files that are present if there are no more open volumes left.These sort of files are usually located in the download folder or on the desktop. If you find any other McAfee .dmg files in other locations, then delete them too.
Please note- It is recommended to dow3nload a fresh copy of the installer.dmg file whenever you install the app, which ensures you install the latest version.
- Download the McAfee.dmg files
- In the dock, select the finder option.
- Click on the download folder, under the
- You need to locate any McAfee Installer.dmg files.
Please note- The product names may vary but usually start with McAfee. For example-
- Click Move to trash option and right click the file.
Please note- If you’re moving the wrong file then open the trash followed by right click the file and select put back option.
- You need to repeat all these steps until all McAfee Installer.dmg file have been moved to the trash.
- You need to check on your desktop for any McAfee Installer.dmg files and move them to trash by using the above-mentioned