McAfee needs no introduction in the world of cybersecurity. This American Global multinational company renders a wide assortment of security software and anti-viruses to the individuals for their home PCs and the businesses for their organization. When you download and install a McAfee antivirus via mcafee.com/activate, you also get the option for McAfee auto-updates. This option is by default enabled; however if it is not then you can set up the same by following the instructions provided in this article.
Before you proceed to those instructions, check the following points to know why automatic updates are necessary:
- McAfee auto-updates automatically add new virus definitions. An updated database of virus definitions helps the installed antivirus to detect and then fix the upcoming viruses before they harm your device.
- The updates are launched to fix minor bugs that might cause slow performance of the device it is installed to
- Auto-updates also save your time that manual updates may consume
- These updates also keep the antivirus up-to-date
Steps to set up McAfee auto-updates
As aforementioned, if the McAfee auto-updates option is disabled in your McAfee activate antivirus then you can enable it manually by following these instructions:
- From the Windows System Tray, right-click the McAfee antivirus icon
- The icon will be on the right corner of the taskbar
- Open the menu and click VirusScan Console
- Here, you will find AutoUpdate
- Double-click on the option
- You will now come across to a VirusScan AutoUpdate Properties window
- Click the Schedule button
- Now, verify the Schedule Settings segment
- This box is available just next to Enable
- Hit the Schedule tab and set the Schedule to Run
- Click Ok
- Follow the further instructions displayed on the screen and it’s done!
For further information on www.mcAfee.com/activate products, visit the official website of McAfee. Hope the article was helpful!
Ragnar is a professional technical writer who completed Masters of engineering management from Princeton University, US and has been writing for past 11 years. He transforms technical information using a comprehensive and easy approach for all the readers and tech lovers to understand the complexity of respective subject. Covering the area of hardware such as brother printers to software like Kaspersky, Ragnar’s articles help users to clarify their doubts.